Part of Lesson Plan: Making Selections with Marquee Tools
Activity Overview / Details
You might feel that making selections at first is difficult or tedious. Making selections is a skill that takes practice to perfect and to become proficient at. When making selection be sure you are comfortable in your work area, that your hands are steady, that you are zoomed in on the image, and that your mouse is working well. A dirty mouse will make is more difficult to get an accurate selection.
- Go online to morguefile.com and browse for a picture of the sun that will match you background. We are using the sun because it is a circle. Download the image.
- Select the Elliptical Marquee tool and hold down the shift key while selecting the sun. If you are not satisfied with your selection, click select menu and deselect. Once you are satisfied with your selection.
- Click copy, open your background image, and paste on new layer.
- Click the Edit Menu, select Transform and Scale.
- Scale image to fit proportionate to other objects on your background.
- Select the Move Tool on the Tools Panel and move to chosen location.
- Name new layer: Sun
- Save you image with new name. For example Hills with sun.