Part of Lesson Plan: Lighting
Activity Overview / Details
Tell the class that they are going to look at some 3D images. Pull up the images one at a time and get feedback from the class.
Image 1: Very flat, little to no illusion of depth. Ask the students why?
Image 2: Shading added; some depth created. Looks like it is floating. What else is missing?
Image 3: Shadow added; grounds it. Does it look real? Anything else missing?
Image 4: Highlights added. What are the elements that were added to create the illusion of depth?
Shading, Shadows, and Highligt.
Materials / Resources
- 3D Images [ Download ] A powerpoint presentation containing the four images listed above.
- Image 1 [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Very flat, little to no illusion of depth.
- Image 2 [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Shading added; some depth created.Looks like it is floating.
- Image 3 [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Shadow added; grounds it.
- Image 4 [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Highlights added.