Part of Lesson Plan: Making Selections with Lasso Tools
Activity Overview / Details
We are going to open the "Hill with Sun" image that we worked on last lesson. We are going to add a barn to our image using the Magnetic Lasso Tool.
- Open the "Hill with Sun" image that we worked on last lesson. We are going to add a barn to our image using the Magnetic Lasso tool.
- I went to morguefile.com and downloaded a barn that will work with for our picture.
- Open the barn image in PhotoShop.
- Click the Lasso Tool on the Tools Panel; right click to select the Magnetic Lasso.
- Select around the outside of the barn using the magnetic lasso tool. Use the following settings: Feather 0 px Ant-alias, Width 20 px, Contrast 10 %, Frequency 57.
- Drag around the outside of the image being careful to include everything you want to transfer. Add extra anchor point if needed. It is better to select more than less. You can touch up later.
- Take your time and zoom in on image as needed. If you are not happy with your selection, double click, and deselect from select menu.
- Once you are done selecting all the way around your image, double click your mouse, and a marquee will appear around the object.
- If you are satisfied with your selection, use the move tool or copy and paste to move your selection to your background image.
- It will be on a new layer. Turn off your background. Cleanup you image as needed using the eraser and marquee tools.
- For the doors in the barn. I use the rectangular marquee tool and cut out the old grass and allowed for the grass from my background to show through the doors.
- Click the Edit Menu, select Transform and Scale. Scale image to fit proportionate to other objects on your background.
- Select the Move Tool on the Tools Panel and move to chosen location.
- Name new layer: Barn
- Save your image with new name. For example Hills with sun and barn.