Part of Lesson Plan: Making Selections with Lasso Tools
Activity Overview / Details
1. Have students open their images that they have saved for there digital composite project.
2. Find an image that has a defined edge. It doesn’t need to be any particular shape.
3. Click the Lasso Tool on the Tools Panel; right click to select the Magnetic Lasso.
4. Select around the outside of the barn using the magnetic lasso tool. Use the following settings: Feather 0 px Ant-alias, Width 20 px Contrast 10 %, Frequency 57.
5. Drag around the outside of the image being careful to include everything you want to transfer. Add extra anchor points, if needed, by clicking the mouse.
6. It is better to select more than less. You can touch up later. Take your time and zoom in on image as needed. If you are not happy with your selection, double click, and deselect from select menu.
7. Once you are done selecting all the way around your image, double click your mouse, and a marquee will appear around the object.
8. If you are satisfied with your selection, use the move tool or copy and paste to move your selection to your background image.
9. If you are not satisfied with your selection, click select menu and deselect.
10. Once you are satisfied with your selection. Click copy, open your background image, and paste on new layer or use the Move Tool to Drop and Drag to your background image.
11. Click the Edit Menu, select Transform and Scale. Scale image to fit proportionate to other objects on your background.
12. Select the Move Tool on the Tools Panel and move to chosen location.
13. Name new layer.
14. Turn off the background layer and touch up image, as needed. Use the marquee tools to cut parts you don’t want to remain. Use the eraser tools to remove unwanted areas.
15. Save you image with new file name.