- Introduction to Child Development
- Family Development and Parenting
- Family Life Cycle
- What is a family?
- Parenting Styles
- Parenting Code of Ethics
- Parenthood...An Exploration
- Responsibilities of Parenting: "Want to Be A Parent?" -Role Play Lesson
- Prenatal Development
- Understanding Ages and Stages
- Middle Childhood: Developmental Milestones
- Infants: Birth to One Year Physical Development
- Infants: Birth to One Year Social/Emotional Development
- Observing Children to Assess Development
- The Play Years
- Theories of Development
- Cognitive Development: Piaget
- Exploring Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Moral Development: Kohlberg
- Erikson's Psychosocial Theory of Development
- Birth Defects Project
- Observation of Young Children Part One
- Observation of Young Children Part Two
- Positive Guidance and Discipline
- Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child?
- Positive Guidance Lesson & Observation Project
- Self Concept in Children
- Nutrition, Health and Safety Practices
- Understanding Childhood Illnesses
- Nutrition for Preschoolers
- Infectious Disease
- Hand washing
- First Aid for minor situations
- Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum and Learning Experiences for Children
- Selecting Developmentally Appropriate Toys and Equipment
- Preschool Cooking Lab
- Music and Movement
- Fostering Creativity
- Art Experiences for Preschoolers
- Design a Child Care Center Project
- Literature for Children
- Toys and Play
- Children with Special Needs
- Family Challenges
- Observation Skills
- Career Exploration: Types of Early Childhood Programs and Employability Skills
- Employment Portfolio
- Job Applications
- Resume writing for High School Students
- Letter of Introduction or Cover Letters
- Letters of recommendation
- Job Interviews
- Preparing for Competitive Events: The Job Application and Interview Event
Activity Originally Created By: Aimee Daniels
Checking for Understanding
Part of Lesson Plan: Family Life Cycle
Activity Overview / Details
The attached PowerPoint presentations contains the lecture. It is suggested that you use the following questions throughout the PowerPoint for checking for understanding.
CFU (Checking for Understanding)
*What is stage one in the family life cycle? (Single)
*Please summarize the stage one single.
*What is the stage called where two people join together in marriage?
*What are two predictions of marital success?
*What do you think is the most important reason for having an engagement?
*Name one of the secrets to a healthy marriage.
*Describe stage three Childbearing.
*What are some challenges that parents face in stage four parenting?
*In what stage would we see parents suffering from empty nest syndrome?