Part of Lesson Plan: The heart and the circulatory system
Activity Overview / Details
A. Students will be given a blank piece of paper and will be asked to draw the heart the way they think the heart looks like. After that the students have to place the heart on their body to show the location of the heart
B. Teacher guided questions about the heart:
1. What is the heart made of?
Answer: The heart is a muscle.
Medical terminology: myocardium (myo=muscle, cardio=heart)
2. What happens if the heart stops?
Answer: People can die from cardiac arrest.
3. Can you give some examples of diseases that can affect the heart?
Answer: Heart attack
Medical terminology: AMI=acute myocardial infarction
Materials / Resource
- The heart [ Download ] Diagrams: the heart and the circulatory system
- The circulatory system [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Poster: The circulatory system
- Hearts [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Diseased hearts: Compare the healthy heart with the sick hearts (heart attack and congestive heart failure)