Part of Lesson Plan: Writing Non-Fiction for Video: Lesson 2
Activity Overview / Details
Read to the class some of the best examples of student - created outlines from Lesson 1.
Have the class discuss options for interview questions and have them predict the types of quotes that might come from the interview.
Have the class discuss options for creating the visual design such text, graphics, b-roll.
Play the Heroes Among Us “Taybear” video and examine for use of text, graphics and b-roll.
Play Video “Taybear"
Ask students to:
- List as many examples of computer generated graphics as you can find and describe them.
- How were letters to Taylor made to be visually interesting?
- Describe the use of b-roll during the voice over sections. How was b-roll used in general through-out.
- Observe how music was used in the story.
- Observe the use of text, titles and lower thirds. Describe how these elements were used.