- Accounting Cycle for a Service Business/Sole Proprietorship
- Reading Between the Lines
- Business Ethics
- How is an Income Statement Like a Water in a Tub?
- The Accounting Equation
- Debits, Credits and T Accounts, Oh My!
- The General Journal
- The Ledger System
- The Bank Statement
- Preparing a Trial Balance
- Accounting for a Payroll System
- Time Cards
- Gross Pay
- Deductions from Gross Pay
- Payroll Records
- Income Tax Preparation (VITA)
- Why Pay Taxes?
- Taxpayer Responsibilities
- Accounting for a Merchandising Business/Corporation
- Personal Business in Quickbooks
- Banking and Internal/External Cash Controls
- Personal Finance
- Financial Planning NEFE Lesson 1 - SMART Goals
- Financial Planning NEFE Lesson 2 - Where Does Your Money Go?
- Financial Planning NEFE Lesson 3 - What Should Rod Do?
- Financial Planning NEFE Lesson 4 - Roadblocks and Your Financial Plan
- Investing in Your Future
- Keeping Track of Your Money
- Financial Planning NEFE Unit 2 - Lesson 5 - How Do I Spend My Money
- Financial Planning NEFE Unit 2 - Lesson 6 - Income, Taxes and Expenses
- Financial Planning NEFE Unit 2 - Lesson 7 - My Personal Budget
- Employment Portfolio
- Job Applications
- Resume Writing for High School Students
- Additional Lesson on Writing a Resume
- Letter of Introduction or Cover Letters
- Letters of recommendation
- Job Interviews
- Preparing for Competitive Events: The Job Application and Interview Event
Activity Originally Created By: Vella Coffman
On Their Own
Part of Lesson Plan: Gross Pay
Activity Overview / Details
Have students calculate gross pay for Employees #2. Have them open up the spreadsheet for Employee #2 or print it out for them. Have them figure out gross pay twice, once using Time & 1/2 and again using Double time. Hourly pay rate is $11.75.
Walk around and check their work or show them the solutions.
Materials / Resource
- Emp #2 Time Card [ Download ]