Part of Lesson Plan: Digital white balance explored
Activity Overview / Details
This is a .mov file for the teacher to show and lecture with while students are taking notes.
Please look at the student sample. I have found that using tags placed in each picture helps the students identify the pictures when they download them. That is a helpful tip. You can run off handouts with the words RAW, AWB, Florescent, Tungsten, Daylight and Sunlight for students to cut out and use at each station or have students make their own tags with a piece of binder paper
Materials / Resource
- White Balance Lecture in Powerpoint [ Download ] White Balance lecture for teacher to read and present
- White Balance Lecture in Keynote [ Download ] Copy of White Balance lecture for teacher to read and present
- Student sample of white balance [ Download ] See an example of how the project can turn out.
- Template for students to place photos [ Download ] Give this template to students so they can place their photos in appropriate boxes. This is in .rtf format.
- How to open a RAW file in Photoshop CS3 [ Watch Video ] [ Download Original Video ] RAW files need special software . Here are Photoshop instructions for opening RAW files and setting the white balance.