Part of Unit: Personal Finance
Lesson Plan Overview / Details
This lesson covers why it is important to create a budget, be organized, and keeping track of the money you spend. Students will also create their own budget.
- 50 Minutes
California Career and Technical Education Standards
- FB.FS.5.2 Understand the universal, systematic problem-solving model that incorporates inp...
- FB.FS.5.3 Use critical thinking skills to make informed decisions and solve problems.
California Academic Content Standards (Reinforced)
- ELA.9-10.R.SFIM.2.1 Analyze the structure and format of functional workplace documents, including th...32
Objectives and Goals
- Students will be able to examine forms of record keeping involved with budgeting and cash management
- Students will be able to summarize how a budget will change throughout their life cycle
- Students will create their own budget
Activities in this Lesson
- Record Keeping - Demo / Modeling
Hand out copies of the different record keeping forms in the resources/materials section below and go over each with your students.
- Your Budget - Assessment
Students are to read pages 23-25 before beginning to create their own personal budget. They will create their budget sections using ideas taken from the handouts they were given. Each student will be given the rubric to use and attach to their budget making sure they have completed each required criteria.