Lesson Plan Overview / Details
This lesson will take about 20 minutes.
It includes a demo video as a teacher resource and a miter saw safety test for the students.
A miter safety rules handout for your students.
Student Objectives / Goals
- Students will be able to identify the parts of a Miter Saw.- Students will be able to demonstrate safe pracitces when making cuts on the Miter Saw.
California Career and Technical Education Standards
Activities in this Lesson
- Miter Saw Safety Review - Lecture
Handout safety handout to students. Review safety power point with students.
- Safety Comedy Video - Hooks / Set
Show the students a short clip montage of the movie "WoodShop" . This video demonstrates what NOT to do in the woodshop.
- Demonstrate the Miter Saw to the Class - Demo / Modeling
If needed, the instructor can review the included demonstration video. Remember to highlight the safety rules and proper saw procedure for the students. To keep the students involved you can have one of them make a cut, after your demonstration.
As the instructor you can review the demonstration video if you need to.
- Miter Saw Safety Test - Assessment
The students should each complete the included safety test for the Miter Saw.
- Miter Saw Safety Test Updated [ Download ] A test covering the safe use of the Miter Saw.