Part of Lesson Plan: Making a Connection - Soldering
Activity Overview / Details
Show this video- A basic demonstration on how to solder and de-solder. After the Video I set up a soldering station in my class room. I have a camera on it going to my projector. I demonstrate the following.
1. Place Soldering Iron in a holder and plug it in.
2. I have on safety glasses and a small fan to blow fumes.
3. I have a sponge to clean the iron.
4. I have a piece of copper , I clean it with flux .
5. I then melt the solder and create a puddle of solder and move it on the copper with the Iron.
6. I then let it cool.
7. I then heat it up and use a solder sucker to remove it from the copper.