Part of Lesson Plan: Responsibilities of Parenting: "Want to Be A Parent?" -Role Play Lesson
Activity Overview / Details
Explain to the whole class that tomorrow we will be starting a "role play" activity. This activity includes :
Scenario-One in which each student will be assigned a scenario that will describe the circumstances of your pregnancy.
A Lucky Day/Bad Day Situations- will also be given to each student which will give additional income and expenses. These all are to be recorded on student project sheets.
Jobs: Each student will be assigned a job group, this group will research the costs related to the cost associated with having a baby in this particular area. Students for each job group will need to meet and decide who will research ,record, report and chart their findings from their job group. These findings will be reported to the whole group on Day 3 of the project.
Each student is to record each of the Scenario, Lucky/Bad Day situations, and Job on their own project sheet.
Materials / Resource
- Instructions for Want to be a parent [ Download ] Teacher Instruction Sheet for Want to be a parent
- Want To Be A Parent-Parent Cost Sheet and Essay Questions [ Download ] Student Project Sheet
- Want To Be A Parent-Lucky Day Situations [ Download ]
- Want To Be A Parent-Bad Day Situations [ Download ]
- Want To Be A Parent-Job Sign Up [ Download ]
- Job_Assignment.doc [ Download ]