- Accounting Cycle for a Service Business/Sole Proprietorship
- Reading Between the Lines
- Business Ethics
- How is an Income Statement Like a Water in a Tub?
- The Accounting Equation
- Debits, Credits and T Accounts, Oh My!
- The General Journal
- The Ledger System
- The Bank Statement
- Preparing a Trial Balance
- Accounting for a Payroll System
- Time Cards
- Gross Pay
- Deductions from Gross Pay
- Payroll Records
- Income Tax Preparation (VITA)
- Why Pay Taxes?
- Taxpayer Responsibilities
- Accounting for a Merchandising Business/Corporation
- Personal Business in Quickbooks
- Banking and Internal/External Cash Controls
- Personal Finance
- Financial Planning NEFE Lesson 1 - SMART Goals
- Financial Planning NEFE Lesson 2 - Where Does Your Money Go?
- Financial Planning NEFE Lesson 3 - What Should Rod Do?
- Financial Planning NEFE Lesson 4 - Roadblocks and Your Financial Plan
- Investing in Your Future
- Keeping Track of Your Money
- Financial Planning NEFE Unit 2 - Lesson 5 - How Do I Spend My Money
- Financial Planning NEFE Unit 2 - Lesson 6 - Income, Taxes and Expenses
- Financial Planning NEFE Unit 2 - Lesson 7 - My Personal Budget
- Employment Portfolio
- Job Applications
- Resume Writing for High School Students
- Additional Lesson on Writing a Resume
- Letter of Introduction or Cover Letters
- Letters of recommendation
- Job Interviews
- Preparing for Competitive Events: The Job Application and Interview Event
Activity Originally Created By: Mike Morris
Part of Lesson Plan: Job Applications
Activity Overview / Details
Students will get in groups of 3 or 4 and write one good and one bad scenario for picking up or dropping off an applicaiton, they will practice and then demostrate their knowledge of these concepts. If time does not allow all to be shown, teacher can roll a dice, flip a coin or other wise choose which the group will perform.
Assessment: Students will list at least 10 of the criteria for picking up or dropping off the application.