Welcome to CTE TEACH Online. This program is designed to support the unique needs of new Career Technical Education (CTE) teachers transitioning from industry into the classroom as well as veteran CTE teachers who desire to refresh and update their skills.
There are two course choices listed on this page, make sure you are entering the correct link!
Teachers using this course to fulfill Early Orientation:
- Check with your local education agency and employer before beginning work in the modules.
- Click the Early Orientation button in the upper right corner of this page to navigate to the modules.
- Click your LEA/CAPS group listed at the bottom of the page. You may click on the unaffiliated group if you are not joining a LEA/CAPS
- Request to join the correct LEA/CAPS group.
- Once you have joined a group you may begin working on the Early Orientation modules.
- Your progress is tracked by: when started, last visit, percentage complete, and time spent on each page.
- Tracking is monitored by your LEA/CAPS.
- Upon completion, print out your certificate and deliver it to the appropriate contact.
The modules represent 20 hours of Early Orientation coursework. The content presented is to help ensure your success as a classroom teacher, so the expectation is that all videos and readings will be given considered attention. Your LEA/CAPS has the perogative to accept or deny your certificate of completion based on tracking information.
Teachers interested in Professional Development:
The Professional Development modules feature additional content and can be accessed in a non-linear fashion for either a quick reference or comprehensive examination of the material. These modules are not tracked, but provide important information, so should be considered a valuable resource throughout your CTE career.